1. FLIGHT TICKETS
TERMS OF THE AIRLINES
- The airline tickets available through the Website are subject to the terms & conditions of the concerned airline, including but not limited to cancellation and refund policies.
- ibibo merely acts as a facilitator to enable the User to book a flight ticket. The contract of service for utilization of the flight is always between the User and the concerned airline.
- Airlines retain the right to reschedule flight times, route, change or cancel flights or itineraries independent of and without prior intimation to ibibo. As a facilitator ibibo has no control or authority over the logistics of the airlines and therefore is not liable for any loss, direct or incidental, that a User may incur due to such change or cancellation of a flight.
- Different tickets on the same airline may carry different restrictions or include different services and price.
- The baggage allowance on given fare is as per the terms decided by the airline, and ibibo has no role to play in the same. Some of the fares shown in the booking flow are “hand baggage fares” which do not entitle the User for free check in baggage and therefore the User will be required to pay separately for check in baggage. The prices for adding check-in baggage to a booking may vary from airline to airline. The User is advised to contact the airlines for detailed costs.
- Some airlines enter into "code share" agreements with other Airlines. This means that on certain routes, the airline carrier selling or marketing the flight ticker does not fly its own aircraft to that destination. Instead, it contracts or partners with another airline to fly to that destination. The partner airline is listed as "operated by" in the booking flow.
- If your flight is a code share, it will be disclosed to you in the booking process and prior to payment.
- ibibo will disclose any such code-share arrangements to the User, only when the ticketing airline discloses it to ibibo in the first place.
- The total price displayed on the Website on the payment page usually includes base fare, applicable government taxes and convenience fee. Users are required to pay the entire amount prior to the confirmation of their booking(s). In the event the User does not pay the entire amount, ibibo reserves its right to cancel the booking. User agrees to pay all statutory taxes, surcharges and fees, as applicable on the date of travel.
- 1.3.2. To avail infant fares, the age of the child must be under 24 months throughout the entire itinerary. This includes both onward and return journeys. If the infant is 24 months or above on the return journey, User will be required to make a separate booking using a child fare. Any infants or children must be accompanied by an adult as per the terms of the airlines.
- It shall be the sole responsibility of the User to ensure they are in possession of valid travel documents such as identity proof, passport, visa (including transit visa) etc. to undertake the travel. User agrees that in case of inability to travel for not carrying valid travel documents, ibibo shall in no way be held liable.
- User understands that the information (if any) provided by ibibo regarding the travel documents is only advisory in nature and can’t be considered conclusive. The User shall ensure checking the requirements of travel with the respective airlines of the respective jurisdictions the User may transit through or choose to visit.
- User should check with the airlines directly regarding the check-in timings. Usually, check-in begins 2 hours before departure for domestic flights, and 3 hours before departure for international flights.
- User should carry valid identification proofs, passport, age proofs as may be required to prove the identity, nationality and age of the passengers travelling on a ticket, including infants.
USE OF FLIGHT SEGMENTS
- In the event User does not embark on the onward journey, the entire PNR pertaining to that booking shall be automatically cancelled by the airline. In such a scenario ibibo has no control in the said process nor will be obligated to provide alternate bookings to the User. The cancellation penalty in such an event shall be as per the applicable airline rules.
CHANGES TO EXISTING BOOKING
- Any changes that are made to any existing booking shall be subject to certain charges levied by the respective airline, apart from the service fee charged by ibibo.
- The User shall be obligated to pay applicable charges in the event of any alteration or modification to an existing booking. However, depending on the airline's policy and fare class, charges for changes or modifications to existing bookings may vary.
- Refunds will be processed as per the airline fare rules and cancellation policy. Such refunds shall be subject to ibibo receiving the same from the airlines. However, the convenience fee paid to ibibo paid at the time of booking is a non-refundable fee.
- All cancellations made directly with the airline need to be intimated to ibibo, in order to initiate the process of refund. The processing time for refunds may vary depending on the mode of payment, bank etc. The refund shall be processed after deducting the ibibo service fee which is independent of the convenience fee as mentioned above.
- The refund will be credited to the same account from which the payment was made. For example, if the User used a credit card, ibibo will make an appropriate charge reversal to the same credit card; like-wise if the User used a debit card, ibibo will credit the money to the same debit card.
- In the event of cancellation and refund of partially utilized tickets, upfront discount and promo code discount availed at the time of booking would be deducted from the refund amount.
ROLE OF ibibo AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY OF ibibo
- ibibo acts as a facilitator and merely provides an online platform to the User to select and book a particular hotel. Hotels in this context includes all categories of accommodations such as hotels, home-stays, bed and breakfast stays, farm-houses and any other alternate accommodations.
- All the information pertaining to the hotel including the category of the hotel, images, room type, amenities and facilities available at the hotel are as per the information provided by the hotel to ibibo. This information is for reference only. Any discrepancy that may exist between the website pictures and actual settings of the hotel shall be raised by the User with the hotel directly, and shall be resolved between the User and hotel. ibibo will have no responsibility in that process of resolution, and shall not take any liability for such discrepancies.
INFORMATION FROM THE HOTEL AND THE TERMS OF THE HOTEL
- The hotel booking voucher which ibibo issues to a User is solely based on the information provided or updated by the hotel regarding the inventory availability. In no circumstances can ibibo be held liable for failure on part of a hotel to accommodate the User with a confirmed booking, the standard of service or any insufficiency in the services, or any other service related issues at the hotel. The liability of ibibo in case of denial of check-in by a hotel for any reason what-so-ever including over-booking, system or technical errors, or unavailability of rooms etc., will be limited to either providing a similar alternate accommodation at the discretion of ibibo (subject to availability at that time), or refunding the booking amount (to the extent paid) to the User. Any other service related issues should be directly resolved by the User with the hotel.
- Hotels reserves the sole right of admission and ibibo has no say whatsoever in admission or denial for admission by the hotel. Unmarried or unrelated couples may not be allowed to check-in by some hotels as per their policies. Similarly, accommodation may be denied to guests posing as a couple if suitable proof of identification is not presented at the time check-in. Some hotels may also not allow local residents to check-in as guests. ibibo will not be responsible for any check-in denied by the hotel due to the aforesaid reasons or any other reason not under the control of ibibo. No refund would be applicable in case the hotel denies check-in under such circumstances.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE USER
- The User would be liable to make good any damage(s) caused by any act of him/ her/ or their accompanying guests (willful/negligent) to the property of the hotel in any manner whatsoever. The extent and the amount of the damage so caused would be determined by the concerned hotel. ibibo would not, in any way, intervene in the same.
- The primary guest must be at least 18 years old to be able to check into the hotel.
- The User has to be in possession of a valid identity proof and address proof, at the time of check-in. The hotel shall be within its rights to deny check-in to a User if a valid identity proof is not presented at the time of check-in.
- Check-in time, check-out time, and any changes in those timings, will be as per hotel policy & terms. Early check-in or late check-out request is subject to availability and the hotel may charge an additional fee for providing such services.
ADDITIONAL CHARGES BY THE HOTEL
- The booking amount paid by the User is only for stay at the hotel. Some bookings may include breakfast and/ or meals as confirmed at the time of booking. Any other services utilized by the User at the hotel, including laundry, room service, internet, telephone, extra food, drinks, beverages etc. shall be paid by the User directly to the hotel.
- 2.4.2. Hotels may charge a mandatory meal surcharge on festive periods like Christmas, New Year's Eve or other festivals as decided by the hotel. All additional charges (including mandatory meal surcharges) need to be cleared directly at the hotel. ibibo will have no control over waiving the same.
PAYMENT FOR BOOKINGS AND ANY ADDITIONAL PAYMENTS
- Booking of a hotel can either be “Prepaid”, or “Pay at hotel” as per the options made available by a hotel on the Website of ibibo.
- In “Prepaid” model, the total booking amount is paid by the User at the time of booking itself. Such total booking amount includes the hotel reservation rate, taxes, service fees as may be charged on behalf of the actual service provider, and any additional booking fee or convenience fee charged by ibibo.
- At the hotel’s or ibibo’s sole discretion on case to case basis, the User may also be provided with an option to make a part payment to ibibo at the time of confirmation of a booking. The balance booking amount shall be paid as per the terms of the bookings. For security purposes, the User must provide ibibo with correct credit or debit card details. ibibo may cancel the booking at its sole discretion in case such bank or credit card details as provided by the User are found incorrect.
- Some banks and card issuing companies charge their account holders a transaction fee when the card issuer and the merchant location (as defined by the card brand, e.g. Visa, MasterCard, American Express) are in different countries. If a User has any questions about the fees or any exchange rate applied, they may contact their bank or the card issuing company through which payment was made.
- Some accommodation suppliers may require User and/or the other persons, on behalf of whom the booking is made, to present a credit card or cash deposit upon check-in to cover additional expenses that may be incurred during their stay. Such deposit is unrelated to any payment received by ibibo and solely at the behest of the Hotel.
- In “Pay at hotel” model, the concerned hotel will collect the entire payment against the booking at the time of check-in. In case of international bookings, the payment will be charged in local currency or in any other currency, as decided by the hotel. For security purposes, the User must provide ibibo with correct credit or debit card details. ibibo may cancel the booking at its sole discretion in case such bank or credit card details as provided by the User are found incorrect.
PAYMENT FOR BOOKINGS AND ANY ADDITIONAL PAYMENTS
- The Website may contain links to third party websites. ibibo does not control such websites and is not responsible for its contents. If a User accesses any third-party website, the same shall be done entirely at the User’s risk and ibibo shall assume no liability for the same.
- ibibo is not responsible for any errors, omissions or representations on any of its pages, links or any linked website pages to the extent such information is updated or provided directly by the Service Providers or the advertisers.
- ibibo does not endorse any advertisers on its Website, or any linked sites in any manner. The Users are requested to verify the accuracy of all information provided on the third-party web pages.
- The linked sites are not under the control of ibibo and hence ibibo is not responsible for the contents of any linked site(s) or any further links on such site(s), or any changes or updates to such sites. ibibo is providing these links to the Users only as a convenience.
ROLE OF ibibo
- ibibo only provides a technology platform that connects intending travelers with bus operators. It doesn’t operate any bus or offer the service of transportation to the User. ibibo also doesn’t act as an agent of any bus operator in the process of providing the above-mentioned technology platform services.
- The bus ticket booking voucher which ibibo issues to a User is solely based on the information provided or updated by the bus operator regarding the seat availability.
- The amenities, services, routes, fares, schedule, bus type, seat availability and any other details pertaining to the bus service are provided by the respective bus operator and ibibo has no control over such information provided by the bus operator.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY OF ibibo
In its role as a technology platform to facilitate transactions between the bus operators and the Users, ibibo shall not be responsible for the operations of the bus operator including, but not limited to the following:
- Timely departure or arrival of the bus;
- The conduct of bus operator's employees, representatives or agents;
- The condition of the bus, seats etc. not being up to the customer's expectation or as per the description provided by the bus operator;
- Cancellation of the trip due to any reasons;
- Loss or damage of the baggage of the customer;
- The bus operator changing a customer's seat for any reason whatsoever;
- Bus operator informing a wrong boarding point for the issuance of the booking confirmation voucher, or changing such boarding point eventually with or without any notification to ibibo or the User;
- Bus operator using a separate pick-up vehicle to transport the User from the designated boarding point to the actual place of departure of the bus.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE USERS
- Users are advised to call the bus operator to find out the exact boarding point, or any information which they may need for the purpose of boarding or travel in that trip.
- At the time of boarding the bus, Users shall furnish a copy of the ticket, and any valid identity proof like aadhar card, passport, PAN card or voter identification card or any other identity proof issued by a government authority.
- Users are required to reach the boarding place atleast 30 minutes before the scheduled departure time.
- All tickets issued shall be non-transferable
- “Cab” as may be used in this document includes all categories of transport vehicles like sedans, hatchbacks, sport utility vehicles, multi utility vehicles, and any other vehicle meant for transporting passengers.
- “Cab Operator” means all the cab operators providing their vehicles alongwith their drivers;
TYPES OF CAB BOOKINGS FACILITATED BY ibibo
- Outstation Cab: This enables User(s) to book vehicles operated by cab operators having All India Tourist Permit (AITP) vehicles and operating between two separate cities. On the basis of the demand/requirement of the User, ibibo as a facilitator connects the User with the concerned cab operator.
- Car Rental (intracity and intercity): This enables User to book vehicles operated by cab operators having AITP license on hire/rental basis. This service shall be provided for both intercity and intracity on exclusive basis by booking the entire Vehicle of the cab/taxi operators.
- Airport Drop: This shall exclusively cater to the needs of User intending to travel from and to the Airport. The service provided is intracity in nature and shall not facilitate the User to book intercity Airport drops
ROLE OF ibibo AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- ibibo does not operate cab services on its own. In order to provide a comprehensive choice of cab services, cab types and prices to User, it has tied up with many Cab Operators.
- ibibo acts only acts a facilitator between the Cab Operator and User. The transaction is always between the Cab Operator and the User.
- It is the sole responsibility of the Cab Operator to ensure it has all the requisite licenses, approvals, insurance and permits from appropriate authorities required to undertake the travel booked. ibibo gives no warranty or assurance in regard to requisite licenses, approvals, insurance and permits which the Cab Operator is supposed to obtain from appropriate authorities.
- ibibo shall not be responsible in any manner whatsoever for any claims with respect to the trip including without limitation, claims pertaining to timeliness, safety, continuity, uninterrupted travel, quality, conditions of vehicle or driving skill, the Cab not departing or reaching on time, behavior of the cab driver, interiors of the Cab, cancellation of the trip by the Cab Operator due to any reason whatsoever, the baggage of the User getting lost, stolen or damaged, the Cab Operator providing a different type of Cab to the User, the User waiting at the wrong boarding point, the User being dropped to nearest location by the driver of the Cab due to any unavoidable circumstances, or any act or omission of Cab Operator causing accident, loss of life to the User.
- ibibo will not be liable to User or to any other person for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential loss, damage, cost or expense of any kind whatsoever and howsoever caused from out of the information derived by User through usage of Website, in so far as such information is provided by the Cab Operator.
- In case of break down or accident of Cab where Cab Operator has been unable to make alternative arrangement, ibibo shall provide proportionate refund to User for uncovered distance. Any claims, liabilities or legal costs arising out of such event shall be borne by the Cab Operator.
PAYMENT FOR BOOKINGS AND ANY ADDITIONAL PAYMENTS
- Booking of a Cab can either be “Prepaid”, or “Part Payment” as per the options made available by the Cab operator on the Website of ibibo.
- In “Prepaid” model, the total booking amount is paid by the User at the time of booking itself. Such total booking amount includes the base fare, applicable taxes, service fees as may be charged on behalf of the Cab operator, and any additional booking fee or convenience fee charged by ibibo.
- In “Part Payment” model, the User is required to pay a specific percentage of the total booking amount at the time of making the booking and balance payment shall be made directly to the driver at the time of check-in.
- Any booking is subject to applicable cancellation policy set out on the booking page or as communicated to the User(s).
- In case of Car Rental and Outstation Cab bookings, the booking amount paid does not include toll charges, interstate taxes, passenger taxes or any other applicable levies and the same shall be borne by the User.
- Expenses like toll charges, permit charges, parking charges, entry fees, Service Tax & any other Government Tax as per Government guidelines are to be borne by the User and paid directly to the driver.
- The estimate cost provided at the time of booking is not to be construed as the final pricing for your trip unless specifically indicated. The final amount for your trip will be calculated based on actual usage (number of Kilometers and hours). Distance and time are calculated from garage to garage and not from the pick-up of the User for both within city and outside city trips.
- The travel allowance wherever applicable has to be paid directly to the driver.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE USERS
- The User must carry a valid photo-id proof during the trip and present the same to the Cab Operator or driver of the Cab before boarding the Cab. In the event of a mismatch in the identity of the User or traveler, the Cab Operator or the driver of the Cab may, at their discretion, deny boarding to such User.
- Cab Operator is obligated to commence the trip as soon as the User boards the Cab. User shall report to ibibo in case the driver denies to commence the trip for any reason whatsoever.
- User shall board the Cab on or within such time as informed at the time of booking or provided in the booking voucher. In case the User fails to board the cab within the given timeline, Cab Operator will have the liberty to cancel the booking without informing the User.
- User will not have any right, title or interest in the Cab provided for the given trip.
- Once a Trip is booked by User, changes in departure time, boarding or dropping points are not permitted.
- Any failure by User to board the Vehicle within the given timelines at the boarding point or trip commencement point, shall result in forfeiture of the total booking amount paid by the User without any refund rights.
- User shall stop and take breaks at specified places only. User shall avoid taking additional breaks except in case of emergency.
- User shall be responsible and liable for their own safety and security of luggage. ibibo shall not be responsible for any loss to User or their luggage in any event.
- In the event of any dissatisfaction with any of the services provided by Cab Operator or ibibo, the matter must be reported directly to Cab Operator or ibibo, in order that appropriate action may be taken to remedy the problem.
- The booking made by the User should be strictly for tourism purposes only.
- The trip should be undertaken in the User’s personal capacity and shall not be used for profit making in any commercial context.
DO’s AND DON’Ts FOR THE USER
THE USER SHALL:
- Arrive on time at the appointed pick up point as mutually agreed with Cab Operator;
- Maintain and ensure good and humble conduct with Cab Operator during the trip and on failure to do so, Cab Operator may require such User to disembark the Cab;
- Prior to commencement of trip, check and agree with Cab Operator on dimension/weight of the luggage that can be accommodated in the boot space of the Cab;
- Check the starting time and the reading on the odometer at the start of the trip. Disputes regarding the same will not be acceptable after completion of journey.
THE USER SHALL NOT:
- ask Cab Operator to violate any traffic rules, or the city police or government rules or other applicable laws for any reason whatsoever;
- coerce Cab Operator to overload the boot space of the Vehicle with the User’s luggage;
- use services offered under this head for any purpose which is unlawful or illegal under the applicable laws;
- insist on disembarking at any place expect the point of drop as provided by the User at the time of booking;
- board the Cab if he/ she is intoxicated or under influence of any drug or similar abusive substances.
ROLE OF ibibo
- ibibo only acts as a facilitator for booking of train tickets and provides intending travelers merely with a platform to search for desired train tickets to be booked through IRCTC. All bookings or train reservations made through ibibo are subject to the applicable Terms & Conditions as set out by Indian Railways.
- ibibo has no control over the booking flow, scheduling/re-scheduling, cancellations, confirmation from RAC to confirmed, delays, meal and berth preferences or any other lack or deficiency of services. Liability, if any, for the above-said stands against the Indian Railways.
- Change in boarding point and name of passenger are not supported by the Website. For complete information on ticket amendments please read https://www.services.irctc.co.in/beta_htmls/Eticket_new_cancel.html.
- Train functionality on the Website will not be functional between 2345 hours to 0030 hours or as specified by IRCTC due to system downtime or any other reason beyond the control of ibibo.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE USERS
- At the stage of booking of e-tickets, customers will be automatically diverted to www.irctc.co.in website/app to input their IRCTC login credentials. Passengers are required to remember their IRCTC user name and password in order to book trains on ibibo’s Site.
- E-tickets are booked and issued through Indian Railways only. Users can book a maximum of 6 seats/ berths in a booking. Seat/ berth allotment is done by Indian Railways based on their allocation logic. ibibo does not guarantee allotment of preferred seat/ berth.
- Only passengers with a confirmed e-ticket are permitted to board the train.
- Passengers are required to carry valid ID Proofs at the time of travel or boarding the train.
- Please visit including www.irctc.co.in or http://www.indianrail.gov.in for all relevant information/ queries pertaining to your bookings.
PAYMENTS FOR BOOKINGS, AND CANCELLATIONS
- ibibo’s service charges are non-refundable
- Bookings can only be cancelled through the app or the website; offline cancellations are not permitted
- The bookings made on ibibo’s Site are subject to cancellation policy and charges levied by the Indian Railways. It may vary depending on the cancellation time and booking quota (tatkal/ general/ ladies/ premium etc.).
- Railways automatically cancel the fully waitlisted e-tickets after chart preparation. The refund in such cases gets automatically credited to your bank account used for booking such tickets after deduction of ibibo’s charges
- Railways may offer special concessions/ discounts for senior citizens, female passengers and children. The amount or extent of concession is not decided by ibibo. All customers are advised to check latest railways policies for applicable discounts.