How will you get 2X refund?
- The total amount paid by the customer will be refunded, in the original payment mode used at the time of booking the cab service.
- Remaining 1X amount will be refunded in the Ibibo Wallet. The Customer will be eligible for a maximum refund of INR 2000/- (Rupees Two Thousand Only) under the Offer.
The 2X Refund will be processed in two parts:
What is a ‘Guaranteed Trip’?
- A guaranteed trip is when a cab arrives at the pick up location within 30 minutes of the booked journey time, and the customer journey starts no later than 40 mins from booking time. This doesn’t cover other subjective aspects of the cab service such as choice of cab, permissible count of passengers and luggage requirements, and other discussed T&Cs at the time of booking.
What do you need to know?
- This Offer is run by the cab vendors (“Cab Vendors”) and is facilitated by Ibibo through Goibibo Msite and/ or website or through its mobile app (“Ibibo Platform”).
- The Offer is applicable only on selected Cab Vendors. Please check the ‘2x Refund’ certification while booking the cab services.
- The Cab Vendors have committed to deliver the promised services to the customers booking through Ibibo Platform under the Offer.
- This Offer is valid for trips all over India booked through Ibibo Platform.
- The Offer is only to protect customers booking through Ibibo Platform against the Cab Vendors who are unable to fulfil the bookings.
- If a Customer has booked a service for the Cab Vendor who has been given a certificate of ‘2X Refund’ and the said Cab Vendor is unable to perform its services, the Customer shall be eligible for 2X refund in the manner provided hereinabove.
- The Cab Vendors are solely responsible for the providing the offered services directly to the customers. This Offer should never be understood to treat Ibibo as responsible for the services promised/offered by the Cab Vendor under the Offer.
- Refunds are usually processed by Cab Vendors within three (3) days from the date of request from the customer, however, Ibibo shall not be responsible for any delays in providing the refund at Cab Vendors end. The refund shall be issued by Ibibo on behalf of Cab Vendor after due diligence to ensure that the terms and conditions of Offer were met and that the customer claim was free of malice or malicious intent.No other compensation shall be applicable alongside this Offer.
- The listed fares are subject to change without any prior notification.
- The Offer is only applicable when Cab Vendor through Ibibo is unable to allocate a cab for the customer service and rest of the advance booking & payment terms & conditions are met and not when the ride is canceled by the customer.
- In the scenarios where booked cab service is a no-show, the customer must claim the Offer as per the below process:-
- The customer will get the communication through Whatsapp & SMS or other mode from Ibibo notifying the customer on non-fulfilment of the promised services. 1X Refund (the entire paid amount at the time of booking the cab service) would be initiated immediately.
- For the remaining 1X Refund (also amounting to the entire paid amount), the customer is expected to provide a consent by clicking on the link in the aforesaid communication. The additional refund is subject to maximum cap of Rs 2000.
- A ticket is generated of the customer’s request to claim 2X Refund and it is put in the claim validation queue.
- Ibibo shall verify the claim and once it is confirmed and verified, the remaining 1X Refund will be processed. In cases where the customer claim is rejected, intimation with respect to the same will be given to the Customer. In no event shall Ibibo be under any obligation to accept the claim of the Customer.
- Alternatively, the users can call the Ibibo Customer Care Service on 0124 628 0407 and raise a request for their claim. The Customer Care Team will reach out to the customer for consent for the remaining 1X Refund on registered customer details. A ticket is generated of the customer’s request to claim 2X Refund and it is put in the claim validation queue. Ibibo shall verify the claim and once it is confirmed and verified, the remaining 1X Refund will be processed. In cases where the customer claim is rejected, intimation with respect to the same will be given to the Customer. In no event shall Ibibo be under any obligation to accept the claim of the Customer.
When you are not eligible for the Offer?
- If the Cab is allocated but gets delayed due to traffic or other conditions beyond the control of Cab Vendor. As long as the cab allocated serves the ride, any cancellation by the customer because of delay in pick up or break down shall not attract the claim under this Offer.
- If the Cab is allocated, but is cancelled by the user or Cab Vendor in case the customer is not carrying state-prescribed travel documents essential for his inter-state cab travel. These travel documents include, but are not limited to, valid flight ticket/train ticket, E-pass, a negative COVID RT-PCR test report or a police permission
- If the Cab is allocated, and is on way/ or has arrived at the pick-up location, but is cancelled by the user or vendor partner in case the customer is not carrying state-prescribed travel documents essential for his inter-state cab travel. These travel documents include, but are not limited to, valid flight ticket/train ticket, E-pass, a negative COVID RT-PCR test report or a police permission
- If the Cab is allocated, and has arrived at the pick-up location, but is cancelled by the user or vendor partner in case of dispute over service issues such as permissible count of passengers, luggage requirements or any violation of T&Cs confirmed at the time of booking.
- In case of Force Majeure, i.e. If the Cab is allocated, and the trip has started, but customer journey gets delayed due to unforeseen on-ground challenges and restrictions in place which are beyond the control of vendor partner.
The offer is not applicable in the following cases:
General Terms and Conditions
- The offer is only valid on Cab bookings.
- Ibibo only acts as a booking agent facilitating booking between the Cab Vendor who are the primary service providers with respect to cab services and the customer who are the ultimate users of the cab services rendered by the Cab vendors. IBIBO shall not be responsible for any delay, improper services provided by the primary service providers, for any injury, death, loss or damage caused by the act or default of the management or employees of provider who are IBIBO’s independent contractors.
- IBIBO does not accept responsibility for losses and additional expenses, due to delays or changes in air, train, ships or other services, missed connections, sicknesses, weather, strikes, quarantine or other causes, howsoever caused, and all such losses and expenses caused must be borne by the customer.
- IBIBO reserves the right, at any time, without prior notice and liability and without assigning any reason whatsoever, to add/alter/modify/change/withdraw or vary all of these terms and conditions or to replace, wholly or in part, this Offer by another offer, whether similar to this Offer or not, or to extend or withdraw it altogether.
- If the payment towards the booking is made through CC/ DC, the customer shall approach the Bank for any claims related thereof and IBIBO shall not entertain any such claims.
- IBIBO is the sole authority for interpretation of these Terms and Conditions. All decisions with respect to the Offer shall be at the discretion of Ibibo and the same shall be final, binding and non-contestable.
- IBIBO shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising due to force majeure event.
- IBIBO shall not be liable to for any indirect, punitive, special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with the Offer. Notwithstanding anything contrary contained hereunder, In no event the aggregate liability of IBIBO under this offer shall exceed the amount underlying the transaction of the service availed by the customer under this Offer.
- IBIBO may suspend or terminate these terms and conditions/ Offer at any time for any reason at their discretion.
- By participating in this Offer, the Customer gives IBIBO permission to use customer’s name, image and any other details or information available on the customer’s social media profiles, in any manner, to promote the Offer or IBIBO brand name or services.
- In the event of any misuse or abuse of the Offer by the customer or travel agent, IBIBO reserves the right to deny the Offer or cancel the booking.
- All disputes arising out of or in connection to this Offer are subject to exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in New Delhi only.
- Customers, who are Travel Agents by occupation, are barred from making bookings for their customer’s and IBIBO reserves the right to deny the offer against such bookings or to cancel such bookings. For such cases, IBIBO shall not refund the booking amount.
What is the ‘Trip Guaranteed, else 2X Refund’ promise on Cabs?
- Book an outstation cab from your city, on the Goibibo website or app
- In case of non-fulfillment of promised cab services, you will get a Whatsapp & SMS from Goibibo notifying the user on non-fulfilment of the promised services.
- We promise to pay you 2X the amount paid by you. 1X Refund would be processed in the original paymode, and the additional refund (subject to a maximum of Rs 2000) would be processed to Goibibo Wallet.
How to Claim?
- You will get the communication through Whatsapp & SMS from Goibibo notifying you on non-fulfilment of the promised services. 1X Refund would be initiated instantaneously.
- For the remaining additional refund, you can provide your consent by clicking on the link in the aforesaid communication. The additional refund is subject to maximum cap of Rs 2000.
- Upon receipt of mail, we will verify the details, authenticity of the claim and reach out to you within 72 hours of receiving your email. You authorize MakeMyTrip to contact you via any means of communication for the same.
- Once the claim is confirmed and verified, the additional promised refund will be processed. In cases where the your claim is rejected, intimation with respect to the same will be sent to you.
- Alternatively, you can call the Goibibo Customer Care Service on 0124 462 8747 (MakeMyTrip) / 0124 628 0407 (Goibibo) and raise a request for your claim. The team will reach out to you for consent for additional refund. MMT shall verify the claim and once it is confirmed and verified, the additional promised refund will be processed. In cases where the claim is rejected, intimation with respect to the same will be sent to you.
Following are the caveats, detailed T&Cs are attached:
- The offer is applicable only on selected vendors. -> There will be a '2X Refund' certification on the applicable routes.
- The offer is valid till March 31st, 2022.
- In case of non-fulfilment, 2X refund will be given to the customer. Additional 1X refund is subject to a maximum refund of Rs 2,000/-
- Offer shall not be applicable if the Cab is allocated but gets delayed due to traffic or other conditions beyond the control of Cab Vendor